These rich kids work hard for their money. Find out who’s on the list of the top 10 young wealthiest Americans, as well as their net worth and some interesting tidbits about each. (Not included are those that made their fortunes through inheritance or the lottery)
$12 million. Inspired by Tiger Woods, this LPGA golf superstar is often accused of being arrogant and says she’s good enough to beat the men in the PGA.
9. Mischa Barton, age 25, $15 million. Actress and model, beautiful Mischa is known as a party girl. Bad luck has followed in numerous publicized incidents involving drugs, alcohol, and bad behavior.
$20 million. A movie star since the age of 5, Dakota is finishing her senior year of high school in North Hollywood, where she is on the varsity cheer leading squad.
7. Hilary Duff, age 23, $25 million. Actress, pop singer, and merchandise mogul, Hilary married wealthy Canadian NHL player Mike Connie last summer after they made sure to have a good prenup.
6. Maria Sharapova, age 24, $28 million. Living the American dream after emigrating to the U.S. from Russia at age seven to train for her tennis career, Sharapova is a successful model too.
$42 million. At age 14, innovative Sean locked himself in his room for 3 days, and didn’t emerge until he had developed Bizchair.com, now a $50 million a year business chair marketplace.
4. Miley Cyrus, age 18, $50.5 million. This drama queen is boycotting the US in her upcoming world tour because she’s mad at critics’ comments about her overly sexy antics.
$52 million. Singer, model, and actress; Taylor Swift writes creative songs about her life and boyfriends: Joe Jonas (Forever & Always), Taylor Lautner (Back to December), John Mayer (Dear John), and Adam Young of Owl City (Enchanted).
2. Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, age 24, $109 million. From child actresses to innovative fashion moguls, and from eating disorders to waif-like bohemian trend-setting, Mary Kate makes gossip headlines as often as her fraternal twin Ashley takes exotic tropical vacations.
And the wealthiest of them all is....
$150 million. This pair developed Mozilla and became millionaires by the age of 19. We all know now that being a computer geek can pay off – these guys are living proof!
So all in all, beauty, brains, talent, and good old hard work paid off for these wealthy young Americans.